SBCTC Policy Manual
Chapter 4: Instructional Program and Course Development
4.10.00 Course Requirements
All courses offered and reported on by Washington’s community and technical colleges must meet minimum standards as determined by the State Board (see RCW 28B.50.090(7)(c) and (e)). The SBCTC requires that:
- All courses described for reporting purposes use a coding system approved by the SBCTC (see Appendix A: Course Coding Procedures and Guidelines).
- The credit value or credit equivalent assigned to any course or instructional activity must follow the rules for setting credit values and equivalents as approved by the SBCTC (see Appendix B: Credit Hours/Credit Equivalents by Type of Instruction).
- Colleges abide by the rules and regulations adopted by the SBCTC with respect to budgeting, accounting, auditing, and financial procedures supplemental to the State’s Budget and Accounting Act (see RCW 28B.50.090; RCW 43.88) and use criteria as approved by the SBCTC (Appendix C: Determining the Funding Status of Courses) to:
- Receive state fund support (see RCW 28B.50.090(7)(b and e)).
- Be classified as contract funded (see RCW 28B.50.140 (16 and 17); WAC 131-32-010 and WAC 131-32-020).
- Be classified as student-funded (see RCW 28B.50.020).
4.10.10 Prior Learning Assessment (PLA)
Community and technical colleges may assess and award credit for prior learning that has occurred outside the classroom and/or through previous educational endeavors (see Appendix L: Guidelines for Prior Learning Assessment).
Credit earned through Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) at one college will be accepted toward the appropriate course or program at any other Washington community and technical college (per the Guidelines approved by WACTC January 2000).
The State Board establishes rules for the governance of the WashingtonOnline, its software and support services, and its courses.
|Guidelines for Prior Learning Assessment
approved by WACTC, January 2000
|Department name changed from Distance Education to eLearning
||4.10.20 title changed from Distance Education to eLearning
|SBCTC Resolution 02-09-16
||Board approved Policy Manual
Top of page
Page Manager: email@example.com
Page Reviewed/Updated: September 12, 2014, 11:20 AM