Programs of Interest
Washington’s community and technical colleges play a significant role in educating our workforce for today and tomorrow.
Two-year colleges prepare students to transfer to four-year colleges and universities, train for workforce skills, or gain adult literacy education to get better jobs.
- Applied Bachelor’s Degrees allow students to transfer certain applied two-year degrees to one of seven community and technical colleges to earn an applied bachelor degree.
- Centers of Excellence each focus on an industry strategic to the economic growth of a region or state. The twelve centers are built on reputations for fast, flexible, high quality education and training programs.
- Customized Employee Training provides training assistance to businesses that provide employment opportunities in Washington.
- I-BEST Integrated Basic Education and Skills Training pairs English as a second language and adult basic skills instructors with professional-technical instructors in the classroom to provide students with literacy education and workforce skills at the same time.
- Major Related Programs help transfer students better prepare for competitive admission programs at four-year colleges and universities
- Opportunity Grants help eligible students pursuing approved pathways with college and textbook costs, individual student support services, one-on-one tutoring, career advising, college success classes, emergency child care, and emergency transportation.
- University Contracts bring specific university degrees to community college campuses to meet the needs of local employers.
- Workforce Education includes the education and training students need to compete, as well as the programs and partnerships in support of strong regional economies.
Contact Laura McDowell, Director of Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 360-704-4310, to learn how two-year colleges make a difference in their communities, the economy, and the state.
See the College Directory to connect with your nearest college.
Return to media kit