Research and Planning Commission (RPC)
Get help downloading files.
The Research and Planning Commission (RPC, formerly WARP), an organization of institutional research professionals, engages in applied community college research and adds value to the Community and Technical College (CTC) system through efforts in the following Mission Areas:
- Mission Area 1: Providing applied research and analysis services to the Washington Association for Community and Technical Colleges (WACTC) and the various Commissions, Councils, committees and task forces within the WACTC structure.
- Mission Area 2: Collaborating with the SBCTC to improve the availability and quality of data and to support college accountability and performance efforts
- Mission Area 3: Supporting and encouraging the professional development of RPC members.
The RPC functions as an active and well-respected Commission within the formal WACTC organizational structure. The RPC serves as a valued resource for addressing WACTC research needs, for community college performance measurement and accountability issues, and for ensuring reliable and valid data. As a result, WACTC regularly calls upon the RPC to conduct and report on research in support of key policy questions and issues. The RPC provides strong leadership related to these research and/or data-related activities.
In addition, the RPC and its members continue to work closely and collaboratively with the SBCTC on statewide data and research efforts, in an atmosphere of mutual trust, support, and respect. The RPC views the SBCTC as a key stakeholder and works to develop and improve ongoing working relationships.
Executive Committee 2013-14
- President: Chris Johnson
Green River Community College
253-833-9111 x 2684
- President-Elect: Susan Murray
Wenatchee Valley College
- Past President: Wilma Dulin
Yakima Valley College
- Secretary: Anne Marie Karlberg
Whatcom Community College
- Treasurer: Starr Bernhardt
Big Bend Community College
Click a link below to learn more about the committee as well as see what resources the committee has for RPC members.
Performance and Outcomes
Technology and Collaboration
2013-14 Membership List
Top of page
Page Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Page Reviewed/Updated: April 18, 2014, 10:09 AM