& Open Education
eLearning & Open Education helps Washington’s community and technical colleges provide flexible, accessible, and cost-effective opportunities for a wide range of learners.
We cultivate the culture and practice of using and contributing to open educational resources, guided by the Strategic Technology Plan, the road map for how the system will leverage 21st Century technologies to support student achievement.
These are some of the things we do:
- Procure, manage and support an evolving collection of digital tools and services selected by the colleges;
- Support the development and implementation of emerging models
for web-based programs;
- Promote adoption and improvement of Open Educational Resources (OER) with policy, professional development and nationally-recognized resources such as the Open Course Library;
- Report data on eLearning activity and student success across the state;
- Course codes for eLearning;
- Manage eLearning-focused grants and contracts;
- Facilitate system wide access to elearning materials, technologies and services;
- Provide professional development opportunities in eLearning and Open Education for CTC faculty and staff.
- Manage and provide eTutoring services for students across the state.
Content on the SBCTC eLearning site is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License