Medical and Dental Insurance

Insurance Coverage

The Public Employees Benefits Board (PEBB), through the Washington State Health Care Authority, provides insurance coverage to eligible state and higher-education employees, employer groups, retirees, and their dependents. To see which plan providers are available in your area, select your enrollee type and state.

Select the medical plan that is right for you. Generally, you will be notified about a timeframe each fall during which you can switch coverage for the following calendar year. You may also qualify for changes during the year for certain life events.

Tip: Balance your need for low-deductible coverage versus higher cost in monthly premiums. Check to see if your doctor is on the preferred provider list of the plan you choose. Finally, compare how each plan pays for any high cost or special needs you may have.

Comparison Tools

Use the PEBB online tool to compare benefits between plans in use for 2012 and 2013.

Compare how much your share of insurance is after your college's contribution.

State and higher-education employees will continue to pay an average of 15 percent of the plans' premiums in 2013, with the state paying 85 percent.

Choose a Medical Plan

Choose a Dental Plan

Top of page

Disclaimer - Information contained on this webpage is intended to be used as a reference guide for use by Washington State Community and Technical College benefit eligible employees. Please consult plans and/or providers for information regarding benefits and plan specifics.

Page Manager:
Page Reviewed/Updated: January 22, 2015, 10:56 AM

WA State Board for Community and Technical Colleges  |  Open 8 AM - 5 PM, Mon-Fri  |  Phone: 360-704-4400  |  Fax: 360-704-4415

PO Box 42495  1300 Quince Street SE  Olympia, WA 98504-2495  |  Get Directions  |  Contact Web Master