Foreign Nationals With An E-3, H-1 or L Visa And Family Members

Go to Waivers homepage

Residency Classification

This residency classification is available for foreign nationals who have lived in Washington, primarily for purposes other than educational, for at least one year and hold either an E-3, H-1, or L visa. The spouse or child of a person holding an E-3, H-1, or L visa also qualifies as a resident student if the spouse or child holds lawful nonimmigrant status. Persons who hold or have previously held such lawful nonimmigrant status pursuant to an E-3, H-1, or L visa and who have filed an application for a green card are also included in this definition of resident student.

Statutory Authority

RCW 28B.15.012(2)(f) - Classification as resident or nonresident student - Definitions.


Go to Waivers homepage

Top of page

Page Manager:
Page Reviewed/Updated: September 12, 2014, 11:19 AM

The Content box should not go past this line >>

WA State Board for Community and Technical Colleges  |  Open 8 AM - 5 PM, Mon-Fri  |  Phone: 360-704-4400  |  Fax: 360-704-4415

PO Box 42495  1300 Quince Street SE  Olympia, WA 98504-2495  |  Get Directions  |  Contact Web Master