Customized Training Program
What is the Customized Training Program?
The Washington Customized Training Program (CTP) was created by the State Legislature to provide training assistance to businesses that provide employment opportunities in Washington.
Training is provided by community, technical or private career colleges and can include formal training in:
- Basic education and skills
- English language for non-native speakers
- Technical skills and job-related instruction, plus
- Skills assessment and evaluation and
- Training equipment, materials, facilities and supplies.
How Does the Customized Training Program Work?
Under the Customized Training Program, the State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) pays the costs up front for customized training. After training is completed the business repays the costs to the SBCTC interest free.The first payment will be equal to 25% of the full cost of the training program and is due upon completion of the training. The remaining 75% is spread over the next 18 months. As each payment is made the business may take a state B&O tax credit equal to 50% of the payment. Thus, the total tax credit will be equal to 50% of the full cost of the training program.
What is the Purpose?
CTP training is a tool for enhancing the growth of Washington’s economy, increasing employment opportunities and adding to the state’s quality of life.
Customized Training Program Funding
As of January 1, 2015, $245,930 is available for qualifying projects. Please contact Anna Nikolaeva to discuss future availability.
Who Can Apply?
The CTP accepts applications from two-party affiliations comprised as follows:
One party must be a private business that is:
- Located or newly locating to Washington;
- A state business and occupation (B&O) taxpayer
- Forming an agreement with a qualified training institution for customized training.
The second party must be a qualified training institution, defined as a public community or technical college or a Washington-located private vocational school licensed by either the Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board or the Higher Education Coordinating Board.
Please feel free to download these files and reports in either Microsoft Word format or Adobe PDF format. You will need Acrobat Reader to read the pdf brochures.
For information about the program or technical assistance, please contact Anna Nikolaeva
Top of page
Page Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Page Reviewed/Updated: January 16, 2015, 3:07 PM